Keeping a clean and tidy house can be a challenge for busy families! Here are a few helpful tips and tricks to efficiently keep your home tidy and clean.
Sticking to a schedule is key! Find a routine that works for you as you complete these daily tasks.
1. Make the beds first thing in the morning. Train your kids to do the same and you will save even more time.
2. Quickly sweep the floors and tidy up by putting things like shoes, bags, books, and toys where they belong. Do this all at once, top to bottom, with the help of your kids, so you are not running from room to room wasting time and energy.
3. Load the dishwasher every night after dinner and empty it in the morning. Do not leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight. Waking up to a tidy kitchen is a nice start to the day!
4. Do one load of laundry every day- if you have a family, this will help control the piles of dirty laundry that appear overnight!
1. Deep vacuuming in all rooms. This is a deep clean, so be sure to work under and in the furniture. Start upstairs and work your way down.
2. Wipe kitchen cabinets, appliances, etc. and mop the floor. Again, this is a deep clean so move all the counter appliances and gadgets to clean under them.
3. Give the bathroom a deep clean by spraying the showers (don’t forget the shower curtain), toilet, and counters with your preferred cleaner. Let the cleaner work for a few minutes and then wipe everything down. Don’t forget to clean the surfaces of the toilet, not just the inside of the bowl.
This may all seem daunting, but it helps to have a schedule to keep things on track. For example, if you know that you do not have time of the weekends to spend 2 hours working on the weekly tasks, pick one each day to do during the week. After the daily chores are done, spend half an hour doing one of the weekly chores. Here is a possible list:
– Friday- Bedrooms and living rooms.
Spreading these deeper cleaning activities throughout the week will not seem overwhelming if you keep remember to work on the daily chores as well!